Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thanks Goodness for Hoarding shows

I am totally serious...These are the programs that keep me going through the piles that acccumulate on various surfaces of my home.  It keeps me checking dates of cans and dried goods, as well as checking and rechecking the perishables.  When my bathroom starts looking a little unwell, I will straighten it right up. 
  A few good friends have given me a few good tips; and I realized that there are a few things I could do that would have big impacts.  That huge bottle of Germ-X works wonders on my faucets and countertops.  I have yet to figure out how to get all the spots off my glasstop stove, but there was a McCalls book from years ago that said rubbing alcohol would work wonders when cleaning, and it SO does! 
  Also I realized that I spent more time considering doing things, like putting the dishes away, then it actually took me to do it.  This was a point my mother oft tried to point out to me, but I learn things better when I am left to discover them on my own.  My husband hasn't learned this yet, but neither has my mother, so why should I be surprised?!  I think the largest problem my husband and I have is his insistence that I am not listening to him.  When I finally tuned into what he was saying, I agreed.  But I do have to say this...There are very few people who can take something they hear and then put it into practice.  In fact, even pairing this with a visual example still hits relatively few people.  But, whatever, we always expect the most from our spouses I suppose. 
  I am so tired, to all a goodnight...Until next time AIM4Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment